Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Home Is Here, America

My home is here, America,
My Promised Land, my Yisrael.
What God gave to my ancestors,
He now gives equally to all.
Yet if you call us will be deportee,
And all they will call you will be deportee.
Who are all these friends, all scattered liked dry leaves,
It’s me but also you.

You won’t have a name when you ride the big airplane.
But I ride the plane with a name.
My Promised Land, my Yisrael,
Is homeland to the human race.
He now gives equally to allA holy land, a sacred place;
Now you too are riding the airplane with name.

We’ve been pulling out the nails that had up
For our own-not others, even not thy brother.
Not respectin’ each other, deny thy brother
A war goin’ on but the reason’s undercover
Is homeland to the human race,
The world's long longed-for world-to-be,
A holy land, a sacred place,
Where all alike are safe and free.
Now for others, for thy brother, I pull out the nails.

The world's long longed-for world-to-be,
What God gave to my ancestors,Where all alike are safe and free:
My home is here, America!
Where’s the truth, y’all come on I don’t know,
Where’s the love, y’all.
No more wandering, finally home, my home- America.

No comments:

Visions and Voices Map